Community First Choice (CFC) is a state program starting in 2015 that was established by Senate Bill 7 of the 83rd Texas Legislature. CFC is designed to provide basic habilitation and attendant services for individuals with disabilities under the STAR+PLUSS Medicaid managed care programs. Astrocare is experienced and contracted with all the Managed Care Organizations in order to provide CFC services. Astrocare has been supporting individuals with disabilities since the early 1990’s. Astrocare corporate staff has been trained in the Person Centered Practices program that is required to be a CFC provider. Almost one half of our corporate staff has been with Astrocare for over 10 years. Let our tenure, training and desire to exceed your expectations make a difference for you.
Who can get Community First Choice services?
To be eligible for Community First Choice services an individual must:
- Be eligible for Medicaid.
- Need help with activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing and eating.
- Need an institutional level of care.
Community First Choice Services
Community First Choice Services include:
- Help with activities of daily living and health-related tasks through hands-on assistance, supervision or cueing.
- Services to help the individual learn how to care for themselves.
- Backup systems or ways to ensure continuity of services and supports.
- Training on how to select, manage and dismiss attendants.